CSOCurrent en:About Connection Settings
Connection settings are required by the add-in in order to communicate with the Cryptshare server. These include the Cryptshare server URL as well as the proxy settings that the Outlook add-in needs to connect to the Cryptshare server via a proxy (if in place). These settings have to be distributed to the local workstations that the MS Outlook add-in is running on. Cryptshare for Outlook offers three approaches to manage the connection settings:
- Administration of the settings by the user through the user interface (settings dialog, tab "Add-in settings")
- Administration of the settings through an XML file (CS4OutlookUserConfig.xml)
- Distribution of the settings during roll-out using msiexec.
Priority of Settings
In general all connection settings can have either of two statuses:
|Editable||The user can see and edit the settings in his user interface.|
|Read-only||The user can see the settings and their values but can't change them.|
Enter the required Connection Settings for setting up the connection between the add-in and the Cryptshare Server. These are:
- The URL of the Cryptshare Server.
- Proxy Mode Selection
- Click "Test Connection" to check if the Cryptshare Server can be reached using the defined settings. A successful connection is indicated by a green tick symbol next to the Server URL field.
- If the connection is successfully established, click on "Next".