CSSCurrent en:Update from v5.4.2 to v5.5.0
Important Update Notes
In case your language packages have been modified, the attached delta-file delta_english_lp_5.4.2_to_5.5.0.txt can help you to locate the changes in this update and re-apply the modifications. The structure of this file is explained in Language Pack Changes.
Changes in this version
New transfer processing function: filtering files by type
With the help of the new File type filter it is possible to exclude certain files from transfers based on their type. This gives the administrator better control over what files are allowed to be exchanged. This can minimize the risk of potentially dangerous files being sent or received. A license that includes this feature is required to use this functionality.
Detailed information on the setup and function of the file type filter can be found in this video (~ 4 minutes).
Improved marking of warnings and errors in the transfer log
Warnings and errors in the transfer log are now displayed better. Each error is indicated by a unique icon with tool-tip. The icons are displayed once in the general overview of the transfer, as well as in the specific area in which the error occurred. This gives the administrator a better overview of possible problems during a transfer.
A new Burger menu has been introduced under which the user actions 'Change Password' and 'Logout' have been placed. Additionally, it is now possible to restart the server directly. If there are reasons for a restart, they are also displayed there. The menu also contains links to the Wiki and idea portal.
The menu item 'Logging' has been moved from OWA to Log Settings and renamed to Remote Logging. This way all settings regarding logs are in one place, especially since these settings affect not only OWA but also Outlook.
The menu items Archiving and Pre-Processing are now created under the new menu item Transfer Processing. In addition, the new menu item File type filter for configuring the new feature of the same name is also located here. All these settings affect similar aspects within the deployment process and are therefore easier to find.
Information about non-licensed products/features
From the license overview in the administrator interface it is now possible to quickly and easily request information about unlicensed products/features. Via link a predefined email can be opened to send a request for information about the product/feature.
This Cryptshare version allows an upgrade of the underlying operating system. After the update to Cryptshare version 5.5.0 is complete, the Cryptshare administration interface provides the option to start the upgrade process.
- The validation of the personal identification number for eID has been improved.
- Email addresses are now validated consistently and made harmless when used in email texts.
- Verification cookies created with Cryptshare Server 4.1 or older are now no longer valid. Users with such cookies need to perform a new verification.
- During the update the configuration of the internal web server (Jetty) is updated. This removes the warning about "socket close linger time" at startup.
- The system log entries for the individual processing steps of provided files have been unified.
- The format of the e-mail header "x-cs-expirationdate" has been corrected according to RFC 2822.
- The list of third-party components in the administration interface has been supplemented.
- The Java Runtime Environment has been updated to version 11.0.16-1.
- Several included third-party components have been updated.