CSSCurrent en:Operating System Upgrade
About Operating System
In the section Operating System (in short: OS), administrators can perform an upgrade of openSUSE. Please note that this option is only visible if you're using a Virtual or Hardware Appliance supplied by us.
Minimum OS version requirement
openSUSE 15.2 or higher: The appliance needs to run at least openSUSE 15.2 in order to be upgraded via the administration interface. If you're not running at least openSUSE 15.2, please perform migration to a new appliance using this guide.
Performing an OS upgrade
There is an upgrade path available:
- Start version 15.2 → Target version 15.3
- To start the upgrade process, click on Next at the bottom of the page
- Perform a backup of your Cryptshare server by following the steps below (tick the checkbox if you want to skip this step)
- Click on Create a Backup
- Click on Yes to shutdown the database
- Click on Download Backup
- Click on Next
- Click on Start Distribution Update
- Take note of the displayed information and start the upgrade by clicking on Yes
- Check the console window of your appliance from time to time and verify the displayed OS version until the intended OS version is displayed.
- Refresh the administration interface and click on the section Operating System once again
- If you've performed every step as described, the following message should be displayed: