CSNCurrent en:Update from version 2.13.0 to version 2.14.2
When updating from Cryptshare for Notes version 2.13.0 to 2.14.2 a template update is sufficient.
About this update method
This checklist should serve as a guide for the administrator to update the "Cryptshare for Notes" (CS4N) applications to version 2.14.2 step by step.
|File name||Function||File format|
|-T-Cryptshare V2.14.2.ntf||CS4N Template (ntf)||Notes Template ODS 52|
|-T-Cryptshare Log V2.14.2.ntf||CS4N Log Template (ntf)||Notes Template ODS 52|
- Unzip the ZIP file (update package) and perform a fixup, compression and signing on all Notes templates (* .ntf).
- Create a local backup copy of the current productive CS4N application (Notes menu: "File -> Application -> New copy ...").
- Update the CS4N application, the CS4N-Log application and, if you are using the CS4N forwarder, by changing the template.
(Look: Template change of CS4N applications)
- Stop the Domino server and store the Cryptshare4Notes-2.14.0.jar file on the server and delete the old Cryptshare4Notes-xxxx.jar file or alternatively adapt the java.policy file on the Domino server. Alternatively adapt the java.policy file on the Domino server.
- Start the Domino Server.
- If necessary, check the e-mail header settings for outgoing e-mails on the Domino server.
- If desired, delete the local backup copy.
Template change of CS4N applications
Because the design of CS4N applications is hidden, we have occasionally found that the design of the applications has been incorrectly or incompletely updated by the Domino Server. For this reason, we recommend the following procedure:
Update - General activities
- Compress CS4N templates (with the default settings)
- Sign CS4N templates (with the default settings)
- Create a blank design template.
Update of the CS4N application
Change the template (not "update design") of the CS4N application and replace it with the empty Notes template.
This ensures that all design elements in the existing application are also deleted.
Please check the result by opening the application in the designer and checking whether all design elements have been removed.
Possibly. remove any remaining design elements by hand.
Then switch to the current CS4N template V2.14.2 (-T-Cryptshare V2.14.2.ntf).
Uncheck the option "Hide formulas and LotusScript" and start the update.
- Stop the Domino server on which Cryptshare for Notes is running to perform the following three steps:
- Delete the file Cryptshare4Notes-<Version>.jar from the <Domino program directory>/jvm/lib/ext
- Copy the file Cryptshare4Notes-V2.14.0.jar from the update package into the <Domino program directory>/jvm/lib/ext directory or alternatively adapt the on the Domino server.
- Copy (by operating system) the new CS4N application V2.14.2 (Cryptshare.nsf) to the Domino Server in the same location from which you deleted the old CS4N version in the previous step. Give this copy the same file name as the previously deleted CS4N application.
- Start the Domino Server
Start the new CS4N application, go to the configuration and check the following:
- Tab "Cryptshare Server"
- Recreate the client.store file. To do this, delete the current clinet.store file with the Reset button, then create a new client.store file with the Create button. After creating the file, initialize the connection to the Cryptshare Web-Server with the Execute button. If you get a success message, the connection between the domino server and the CS web application works again.
- Tab: General-> Basic Settings → Cryptshare File Upload Field: Status Upload Agent to Active
- Tab: General-> Basic Settings → Agent Monitoring-Cryptshare LOG-DB Field: Agent Monitoring Status to Active
Tab: Support data
Add the following data as a default in the fields.
|Support e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Subject||Cryptshare for Notes - Company Support mail: Your company name|
|Body field template||Please add the error description and possibly screenshots:
Error description: If the problem occurs with a certain action:
The problem is / was:
Where was the email created:
Where was the email created:
Check E-Mail Header settings on Domino Server
In order for the header information to be sent correctly when sending e-mails, it must be explicitly released on the Domino server. This information is needed so that customers using the Cryptshare Outlook Plugin can download the transfers automatically.
Updating the language packs
In the Cryptshare for Notes configuration, update the supplied language packs for use in version 2.14.2.
CS4N LOG Application Update the following application: CS4N Log Application
- Update the application with the supplied template. There are no settings to make in the application.
- Delete all LOG entries from the CS4N log application. Navigation entry: "Delete all LOG entries"